Yesterday I took a half day of vacation to ‘finish’ Briefs. I finished up the cover art and sent it to Shannon to run through his cover program around 4PM. I finished proofing the book and sent it to him to put into a PDF about 10 last night. Whew! That was a lot of work. I still have to set up the book on LSI when I get the files back from Shannon and then order the proof copy. I’m not sure how hard that will be or how long it will take. I have nine days, but the proof copy comes with express shipping.
I did fix two fairly significant things in the edit. About half way through the book, Word had changed the formatting, adding a space behind each paragraph. I fixed each story from there on. That caused some bigger blank areas at the end of stories, so I added several more ‘Fabricated Factoids”, etc. I also fixed a problem with the footer/page number that had a space in the line at the bottom of the page. The rest of it was pretty minor, a heading in the wrong font, a few wrong words that spell check wouldn’t pick up (reign vs rein, etc).
I hope to be able to report by the end of the weekend that it is not only uploaded but looks good!